Behavioral Health furniture is specifically designed for mental health and addiction facilities where the construction of furniture is directly related to the safety of the care givers and patient.
These highly volatile environments are often unknown territory to the general public where the unexpected becomes the expected.
Here are some of the features that you should look for in behavioral health furniture:
• Designed to inhibit concealment of weapons
• Anti-ligature features
• Weighted to deter misuse
• No sharp points/edges
• Tamper resistant hardware and glides
• Floor/wall permanent mount options
• 3-way clean sweep around seat cushions
• No crevices
• Durable vinyl to withstand stringent cleaning agents
• Non-destruct surfaces such as rotomould, high impact laminates, solid surfaces and poly-urethane.
• Selected range of highly durable healthcare grade upholstery materials
• Minimal seams
• Internal steel construction methods
Too see examples of furniture designed for this applications: https://www.statmedicalcanada.com/behavioural